Welcome to Maryland ASCD!
Thank you for your interest in Maryland ASCD! We are the state affiliate for the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD), and collectively we offer tremendous resources to educators in the state of Maryland, nationally and internationally.
We are so grateful for all that you are doing to make Maryland a wonderful place to learn, grow, and lead. Please know how much we recognize and celebrate the leadership being exhibited by all Maryland educators across the state in these unprecedented times. You are listening to your communities and responding with support, resources, compassion, and hope. Please know how much your actions are noticed and valued. You matter, and everything you are doing for your students, parents, colleagues, and community matters.
Maryland ASCD is prepared to support your professional development needs as you help your students face the challenges they confront daily. We believe in the power of connecting, collaborating, and coaching. We value and promote the importance of bringing a human-centered, relationship-focused approach to cultivating the Whole Child and Whole Educator.
Through our Maryland ASCD community’s reflective practice, we are committed to creating spaces for conversation and action around each of the five tenets:
- Healthy: Each student enters school healthy and learns about and practices a healthy lifestyle.
- Safe: Each student learns in an environment that is physically and emotionally safe for students and adults.
- Engaged: Each student is actively engaged in learning and is connected to the school and broader community.
- Supported: Each student has access to personalized learning and is supported by qualified, caring adults.
- Challenged: Each student is challenged academically and prepared for success in college or further study and for employment and participation in a global environment.
Whether you are a new teacher or leader or a veteran educator with years of experience, Maryland ASCD membership offers opportunities for statewide and international networking and reliable resources for learning, teaching and leading. I hope you will review the benefits offered by Maryland ASCD membership and encourage your colleagues to consider becoming members as well. We look forward to learning, growing, and leading with you!