Maryland Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (Maryland ASCD) was organized in 1946 to provide leadership in education across the state. Maryland ASCD has continued to provide resources, professional learning opportunities, and leadership in the continually changing environment of education. Maryland ASCD works closely with the international organization of ASCD and other state affiliates to provide information about the latest educational news and updates. Maryland ASCD has a strong base of evidence about learning, teaching, and leading. Maryland ASCD provides leadership in education across the state. Its members include school system administrators, teachers, college/university faculty, and others who are dedicated to providing quality education for children.
Welcome to Maryland ASCD
The mission of Maryland ASCD is ensuring success for ALL learners, promoting effective leadership, and providing quality professional development for ALL educators.
Maryland ASCD will provide varied opportunities for all Maryland educators to learn, apply, and contribute to exemplary programs and practices focused on student achievement by:
- Research to practice
- Conferences and study groups to promote instructional leadership by all educators
- Members through effective and efficient communication
- With state, regional, and national organizations on common initiatives
- With the professional community for diversity membership
- Within the affiliate to strengthen professional knowledge
- To analyze and respond to educational trends
- To promote educational leadership
- To address the needs of all learners